Grails Diary - weeks 40-41 in 2016
The Groovy Community have its own Slack channel now: groovycommunity.com.
Dan Woods explains the rationale in the Announcing the Groovy Community Slack blog post.
Geb 1.0 has finally been released! Marcin Erdmann made the announcement on the mailing list,
and the updated documentation is available in The Book of Geb.
The changes are primarily removal of deprecated methods since the 0.13.1 release. Congrats!
JBake, the static site/blog generator has been released in version 2.5.0.
This release comes with support for Groovy Markup Template Engine.
Ken and Baruch have episode 35 of the Groovy Podcast
out, doing a great job of spreading news and fun in the ecosystem. Thanks for mentioning the Grails Diary, at least someone is reading it :)
The famous tweet from James Strachan about not creating Groovy if he had seen Scala now have a real great counterpart:
I hope this tweet will receive an equal amount of attention!
Greach 2017 will take place in Madrid March 30th to April 1st, 2017. The first day is a workshop day, and the last two is conference days.
The Call For Papers
is open now, and you can get a doorbuster discount, if you buy your ticket now.
While being in conference related news, early bird tickets are available for GR8Conf India until the end of October.
Podcasts and Videos of Presentations
Blogs, Articles, etc.
Updated Grails 3 Plugins
- grails-java8 (1.0.0) Provides support for Java 8 specific features in Grails.
- build-test-data (3.0.1) Grails build-test-data plugin.
- jesque-admin (0.1.9) Admin UI for the Grails Jesque Plugin.
- neo4j (6.0.2) GORM - Grails Data Access Framework.
- rx-gorm-rest-client (1.0.1) Provides a RxGORM Object Mapping implementation for communication with REST web services.
- redis-gorm (6.0.2) GORM - Grails Data Access Framework.
- cassandra (6.0.2) GORM - Grails Data Access Framework.
- grails-views (1.1.1) Grails Views.
- views-json-templates (1.1.1) Grails views-json-templates plugin.
- views-gradle (1.1.1) Grails views-gradle plugin.
- rx-mongodb (6.0.2) GORM - Grails Data Access Framework.
- mongodb (6.0.2) GORM for MongoDB.
- hibernate4 (6.0.2) GORM - Grails Data Access Framework.
- hibernate5 (6.0.2) GORM - Grails Data Access Framework.
- aws-sdk-sqs (2.0.5) Grails AWS SDK SQS plugin.
- http-requests-grails (1.0.2) The HTTP Requests Plugin provides the http-requests library and artefacts for filters and converters..
- sentry (7.7.1) Grails Sentry plugin.
- aws-sdk-sns (2.0.2) Grails AWS SDK SNS plugin.
- aws-sdk-ses (2.0.1) Grails AWS SDK SES plugin.
- aws-sdk-s3 (2.0.2) Grails AWS SDK S3 plugin.
- aws-sdk-kinesis (2.0.3) Grails AWS SDK Kinesis plugin.
- aws-sdk-dynamodb (2.0.1) Grails AWS SDK DynamoDB plugin.
- grails-melody-plugin (1.62.0) Integrate JavaMelody monitoring into Grails application..
- org.grails.plugins:enforcer (1.3.2) A plugin for enforcing business rules/permissions, that works with Spring Security Core, is easier to implement, and extend. It can also be used as an alternative to Spring Security ACL.
- babel-asset-pipeline (2.1.0) Babel.js transformation for Asset-pipeline.
- sass-asset-pipeline (2.11.3) Provides fast and easy .sass and .scss file support for Transpiling to CSS. This plugin takes advantage of jsass and libsass for maximum performance..
- less-asset-pipeline (2.11.3) LESS Compiler for the Asset-Pipeline.
- ember-asset-pipeline (2.11.3) Compiles hbs or handlebars files for the asset-pipeline into the Ember.TEMPLATES cache.
- compass-asset-pipeline (2.11.3) Provides Compass/SCSS Build support using the jruby runtime. Any compass project can be adjusted to be built by the asset-pipeline and used in applications..
- coffee-asset-pipeline (2.11.3) Easily process coffee-script files with the asset-pipeline plugin. Package includes both jvm coffee runtime as well as the ability to use the coffeescript npm module if detected..
- view-tools (0.3) ViewResourceLocator for locating views in grails-app/views.
- karman-grails (0.10.2) Karman is a standardized / extensible interface plugin for dealing with various cloud services including Local, S3, and Openstack..
Updated Grails 2 Plugins
whitelist based html cleaner based on jsoup
Clover Code Coverage for Grails
A plugin that integrates Clover into GRAILS projects. Clover is a Code Coverage tool that produces beautiful reports which are highly configurable and extensible. Clover not only reports which lines of code were executed during a test run, it also reports which tests hit which lines of code. Clover's reports include: Tag Clouds of your entire project that compare Complexity with Coverage A TreeMap to visualise the most complex, uncovered areas of your project Fully Cross Referenced HTML view...
The Enforcer Plugin
A plugin for enforcing business rules/permissions, that works with Spring Security Core, is easier to implement, and extend. It can also be used as an alternative to Spring Security ACL
Geb integration for Grails
Integrates the geb functional testing framework
Conferences and meetups
- Boston Groovy Grails & Spring: Geb to Grid : Geb+Spock to a Selenium Grid on Docker: Build it and Use it, Boston - MA, October 20th, 2016.
- G3 Summit , Fort Lauderdale - USA, November 27th - December 1st, 2016.
- GR8Conf India, New Delhi - India, January, 2017. Call For Papers
- Greach, Madrid - Spain, March 30th - April 1st, 2017. Call For Papers
- GR8conf Europe, Copenhagen - Denmark, May 31st - June 2nd, 2017. Call For Papers