At a first glance, this appeared to be a quiet week, but I was wrong. There are quite a few blogs, videos releases and other news this week: The Groovy Community never disappoints!
As a great help for Gradle Plugin authors, Schalk Cronjé
is working on the GradleTest Gradle plugin, for testing compatibility with various versions on Gradle.
You can supply input to features that should be included in version 1.0 at https://github.com/ysb33r/gradleTest/issues.
Gretty, the Gradle plugin for running webapps on Tomcat & Jetty now available in version 1.2.3,
see the full list of updates
Kostis Kapelonis is ready with chapter 4 of the "Java Testing with Spock" in the Manning MEAP program. After several tries, it appears there wil be a Spock book ;)
For the GVM tool, the Gradle GVM SDK Vendor Plugin is now available on the Gradle Plugin Portal.
If you're an SDK vendor, you should get it: https://plugins.gradle.org/plugin/net.gvmtool.sdkvendor
Craig Burke has updated the Lazybones template for angular and Grails to Grails 3.0.1, and his angular-grails test app,
and reports the update was very painless!
Sounds like the update to Grails 3.0 is not as hard as expected
In case you missed your ticket for GR8conf EU, you can still get the Early Bird ticket for GR8Conf US,
official hotel information for the conference.
One speaker who appear to really be looking forward to GR8conf EU can be seen in this funky video
Podcasts and Videos of Presentations
Blogs, Articles, etc.
Installs a servlet filter to set Access-Control-Allow-Origin and other CORS related headers to enable cross site AJAX requests to your Grails application
GR8 CRM Tagging Support
Provides tagging support for GR8 CRM applications
This plugin integrates the Drools Business Rules Management System.
Grails Font Awesome Resources Plugin
A web-based Groovy console for interactive runtime application management and debugging
Utilizes a single (thread-safe) AWS Client Instance to access AWS Services: SES, SQS, DynamoDB, S3, Mobile Analytics
Dynamic Logs With Rabbit Plugin
Allows you to dynamically change log levels on all instances listening to a particular topic via RabbitMQ Messages.
Rabbitmq Native Plugin
The native RabbitMQ Grails plugin provides easily consumable messaging functionality.
Pin Payments integration for Grails.
The Grails Pin Payments plugin provides an easy way to access the Pin Paymen
Basic Security Features for GR8 CRM
This plugin provides basic security feature for GR8 CRM.
Specific security implementations exists for Apache Shiro (crm-security-shiro).
AjaxAnywhere Grails Plugin
Integrates the AjaxAnywhere (Reloaded) library with the Grails framework.
Apache Tomcat plugin
Makes Tomcat 8.x the servlet container for Grails at development time
Conferences and meetups
- Source To Deployment: Utilizing Gradle & Docker to automate your application from end to end, Minneapolis - MN - May 20th, 2015
- Atlanta Groovy and Grails User Group: AGGUG Meetup - Grails of Thrones, Atlanta - GA - May 20th, 2015
- Austin Groovy and Grails Users: Ken Kousen talks about Testing Grails, Austin - TX - May 27th, 2015
- London Groovy & Grails User Group: GGUG Meeting, London - UK, June 2nd, 2015
- Groovy Users of Minnesota: Monthly Meetup , Minneapolis - MN, June 9nd, 2015
- GR8conf Europe, Copenhagen - Denmark, June 2nd -4th, 2015.
- Gradle Summit, Santa Clara - USA, June 11th -12th, 2015.
- GR8conf US, Minneapolis - USA, July, 2015.
- Gradle Summit 2015, Santa Clara, CA, June 11-12, 2015.
- SpringOne 2GX 2015, Washington - USA, September 14th - 17th, 2014.
- Groovy Grails Exchange, London - GB, December 14th - 15th, 2015
- Spring I/O, Barcelona - Spain, May 19th - 20th, 2016